Sunday, January 30, 2005

in. re. right now

usually i answer the monday morning question "how was your weekend" with a pacifying "fine, how was yours". but i'm not going to do that anymore. i've realized that my weekends inherently suck. it's time to hold my weekends and my weekend self to higher standards.

staying in my cave with the blinds drawn, fan on, hiding under my duvet and spending 80% of the two days in a drug-induced slumber is not a good way to consistently ride out the weekend.

that other 20%, incidentally, usually involves drinking and the late-night drunk-dialing of obscure friends (acquaintances, really) and family. i'm really starting to loathe the "dialed numbers" feature of my phone. it's not bad enough that i make the calls, now i have to have it on record? fakakta.

but this isn't normal, and probably isn't healthy. it does little for my social and sex life and even less for my ever-teetering-on-the-brink-of-being-non-existent self-esteem. i don't know what the alternative is, but the point is that i should start looking. i guess. whatever. insert other generic gen-x phrase here.

No comments: