Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Goldman Sachs stocking stuffer

The CEO of the Goldman Sachs investment bank was given a $53.4 million bonus this year, $27 million in cash. Say it with me: holy freaking god. And I was feeling so good today because our boss was kind enough to dole out bonuses for us. Not a huge amount by any means, just a little xmas cheer. Then I read about the Goldman Sachs bonus, and all I can think of is getting home to drink a case of xmas cheer.

When and if I ever reproduce all of my spermies will be investment bankers. I'll tell them, "bitches, it may be boring and not something you enjoy, but probably 95% of the world's population doesn't enjoy their job. At least get one that pays you the GDP of Canada."

In college I was naive enough to change my major thrice (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, General Studies) because I wasn't enthralled or captivated by those fields. Now I realize that I'm not enthralled or captivated by anything (that one could get payed for, at least) and I should have ground it out. Fucking hindsight.

What would you do with an extra $27 million in pocket change? I know what I would do but I can't divulge it.

No comments: