always entertained by cnn's crack journalistic efforts, i thought today's headlines were especially indicative of how far off the pulse our corporate media's finger is.
• Astronauts using robot arm to inspect shuttle Watch
• Rumsfeld makes surprise visit to Iraq Watch
• Aruba pond drained in search for Natalee Holloway
• Elizabeth Smart kidnap suspect ruled incompetent Watch
• Forecast: Still hot, really hot Heat wave map Watch
• Danny Glover: Latin TV station won't demonize U.S.
• Some papers pull 'Doonesbury' over Rove nickname
• Plans unveiled for nation's tallest skyscraper
rumsfeld in iraq is newsworthy, but i'm sincerely baffled by "heat" being such an issue in july. the supermodel weather men and women have boldly predicted more heat. isn't it usually hot this time of year? aren't we at war or something? how hot is it in iraq?
and the obligatory pieces about missing pretty white girls and a celebrity name-drop. is danny glover the best we can do right now? where's tom cruise? i hope he's not letting his ego write checks his body can't cash again.