Friday, November 19, 2004

poop and sandwich



a grilled cheese with the image of the virgin mary is being auctioned off on ebay, currently at one cent. maybe i'm just a non-believer, but i don't see it. the auction listing is hilarious. here's an excerpt (un-edited) from the description:

Miracle, or nothing at all? This grilled cheese sandwich is not ordinary, after owning this, I have found $20 in my pocket before, i know everyone loves finding finding money in their pockets. Another great example is once i got a fortune cookie that said I was going to have great luck! Two true miracles! Proof of this find can be provided if requested. The winner of this auction will recieve an ACTUAL medium quality image printed on HP photo paper! Bid now to grab this fine piece of history.

what sentence in this description is not funny?

this is from another auction for a different virgin mary grilled cheese:

You can imagine my surprise when I picked up this piece of toast and noticed the face of the Virgin Mary herself gazing warmly back at me. All of a sudden, I felt a sense of peace come over the room and I knew that this was a blessing. Ever sense the toast was made, I have felt lifted by its presence and feel as though it has helped me work through issues in my life. Since then my life has taken a turn for the better, and I believe that when blessings come our way that we should share them. Who would I be to hold this for myself after it has already helped me more than I ever wished? It is for that reason that I now am placing this up for auction, starting at 1 cent, as I feel it would be wrong to ask for more.

do people scour every piece of food they get, on the off-chance they'll recognize an image of some religious figure? i remember about a year ago someone said they saw mother teresa's face in a cinnabon.

how about jesus appearing in a lean cuisine? ghandi in a bowl of corn flakes? caesar chavez in a chalupa?

you can also buy on ebay an "i ate the virgin mary grilled cheese" t-shirt.

apparently there are different versions of the sacred sandwich being sold. a replica of one is going for over $15,000. i feel smart.

No comments: