Thursday, August 12, 2004

conversion by mail

today a cd i ordered from half.com came in, and included in the package was one of those little jesus-christian business cards. i was so delighted! if i knew where my scanner cable was i'd just scan it, but the card reads:

front:

God Loves You!
How to Become a Christian
and Know You are
Going to Heaven
(over)

back:

1) Ask Forgiveness for Your Sins.
2) Ask Jesus to Be Your Savior.
3) Ask Jesus to Come Into Your Heart (Revelation 3:20)
4) Ask Jesus to Fill You With the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:185)
5) Read I Corinthians 12 About Gifts of the Spirit
6) You Have Eternal Life! (:1 John 5:13)
Please visit our ministry web site at www.allstars4jesus.org
Also see www.jesuscares4u.com

jesus is great and all but really i don't need "literature" sent along with my cd's. i left positive feedback for the user (jesus4eternity16) on ebay with the comment "i will accept jesus as my savior if you accept john kerry as yours". fun for me on a thursday eh?

and are people really converted by getting a jesus business card in the mail? it's glossy and pretty and all, but it doesn't really inspire me to become devout and give up my sinful ways. i've grown quite fond of my sinful ways. it's also reassureing to know that "god loves you" and that the requirements for "getting into heaven" can fit on such a tiny card.
incidentally the cd i got was called god fodder by ned's atomic dustbin.

album du jour: the strokes room on fire

6 comments:

Phillip said...

i'm not inviting you to my birthday party

the hun said...

hi! thanks for the comment yo

webclass said...

Why do I get the feeling jesus4eternity16 could have been converted... err, saved, by the wisdom on a business card?

Phillip said...

yes, you could probably fit everything that person knows on a business card

Lin said...

ahha.. that's awesome: "i will accept jesus as my savior if you accept john kerry as yours"..
admittedly, I am a Christian, but not the type who will send you a nice little business card with your ebay purchase.

but yes, Christians vote Kerry

Cheers from a passerbyer,

Unknown said...

I'll vote John Kerry, but I won't accept Jesus. LOL
I got one too one time. It was off of half and the cd was Interview with the Vampire of all things...