Wednesday, July 07, 2004

yankee doodle dandy ambrosia salad

this is funny! it's a list of recipes from the bush administration for fourth of july food. john ashcroft's (sing for me johnnie...) "simply bbq" recipe is essentially "cook meat, put sauce on". every recipe is just the universal standard recipe for the dish, only with "freedom" or "liberty" in front of it. i absolutely love secretary snow's "land of the free cole slaw". here's one of the recipes, but seriously go read them all on the whitehouse.gov site, it's fucking hilarious.

incidentally, this sounds like something my stoner friend... not me, a friend... would make out of random things left over in the house while completely fucked up:

Dale Haney's Yankee Doodle Dandy Ambrosia Salad

 
1 container sour cream
1 large container Cool Whip
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 can mandarin orange
1 bag miniature marshmallows
1 handful Maraschino cherries (cut in half)
1/2 small package of shredded coconut (optional)
1 cup pecans (chopped)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Chill. Serves a lot.



4 comments:

oyster said...

What an affront to gourmands. This needs to be promoted.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phillip said...

sorry Myoujou, accidentally deleted your comment

Unknown said...

It's okay, I was wondering why it was gone, I didn't think I said anything too offensive or stupid. I'd repost it but I can't quite remember what I said, d'oh!