Tuesday, January 06, 2004

another man's treasure

i sold about twenty of my old cd's on ebay this past week. going through my old collection really makes me wonder what the hell was wrong with me way back when (i had a dave matthews band and jesus jones cd in there). then i wonder what the people who bought them from me present day are like - perhaps just like me about 10 years ago? musical taste is a curiously indicative hobby. it's always good to discover artists you really like and then go back to listen to their earlier work, so i have to applaud the retroactive sensibility of the thing. and i guess i can't really throw stones, since after all these are my adolescently archaic cd's which at some point i thought were worth buying (or scamming a music club for). and even though i'm glad someone wants this stuff, i have to mourn the fact that there is want for such crap. but imagine what i'll consider crap ten years from now...

album du jour: pussy galore dial m for motherfucker

not an easy task when you google "pussy galore" looking for a decent band website. bunch of perverts in this world (only kidding - i bookmarked everything)

No comments: