Friday, December 29, 2006

Little Wooden Boy!

Paint me blue -- Blockbuster has shipped disc 1 of The Tick, which means disc 2 will follow shortly thereafter. I'd like to spend New Year's Eve watcing episodes. Spoooooooon!

I read a quote from George Jean Nathan (drama critic in the early 20th century). It goes "A life spent in constant labor is a life wasted, save a man be such a fool as to regard a fulsome obituary notice as ample reward."

The way I would want to die: Not an especially extended and/or painful death, which is probably exactly how the cancer will play out. I'd choose to die from a brand new disease that would eventually be named after me, that way stand-up comics fifty years from now could say, "Wow, Phillip Harmon dying of Phillip Harmon's Disease... who saw that one coming?"

My last words, whispered on my deathbed, wouuld be "no fat chicks." Then I would shit myself.

My tombstone would read, "My only regret is that I died."

Incidentally I want to be cremated and stored in a Folger's coffee can, labeled "Steve" with masking tape, or a post-it note. I leave that to the discretion of the bequeathed. But I still want a tombstone somewhere.

Speaking of which, I'm spitballing the idea of starting a website wherein you can list a deceased loved one's name as an homage, including some information about their life, pictures, surviving relatives, accomplishments, etc. It could also be a good genealogy tool if it were around long enough. Lots of possibilities. Although there's probably already such a site.

Currently Listening to:
Catherine Wheel

Happy Days
(1995)

No comments: