Saturday, August 21, 2004

labret

i'm so used to waking up on saturday mornings (afternoons) hung over. it's a nice change to sleep late and actually feel alert even though it's not required.

yesterday during my lunch break i went and had my lip pierced (a labret is what it's called). it was aggravating waiting in the parlor about half an hour for a procedure that took maybe five minutes, but anyway. it didn't really hurt (aren't i such a man-man), it was just an odd sensation to have something forced through my lip. i am very much happy with it - i think it fits my persona (p-e-r-s-o-n-a).

i've thought about a tattoo but i can't commit to anything for more than a week, and having ink injected into my skin is waaaayy too permanent of a relationship. monogamous scarring.... not so much.

i would take a picture of my face to show off my barbell, but i'd rather opt for mystery. imagination is much more fulfilling than reality. maybe one day.

album du jour: jesus and mary chain honey's dead

4 comments:

CatWoman said...

Oh, come on Phizz, just post a bloody picture!!
You know us blog-hedz want to see it.
LOL
I want to see the lip ring. I envy you. I work in
a hospital and can't do even a simple bottom lip
ring put on, or I'll get sacked:(

Layla/Jane (whichever you prefer) said...

I envy you, too. I haven't been pierced in quite some time. I had to take my tongue ring out when I joined the Army. Maybe it's time to do it again...(pierce something, not join the army)

Phillip said...

i say do what you feel like and can get away with. insubordination rules.

Phillip said...

gender bender - don't think it would be possible to do both now...