Tuesday, June 15, 2004

i am bender please insert girder

i haven't said anything the last couple of weeks about this because i didn't want to jinx myself. i'm not superstitious though so that really makes no sense. yesterday was the first day of my new job. me... job... i maintain networks remotely and handle helpdesk calls and other brickabrack. sounds wonderfully boring and aggravating doesn't it? maybe, but after such an extensive period of personal atrophy it's a pretty cool thing for me. i know it will get old at about eight o'clock tomorrow morning, but for the moment i'm revelling in my exodus. the whole thing is not permanent as of yet; i'm on a 90-day trial, at the end of which i'll either be elated or suicidal (always a fine line). everyone pray to the patron saint of lost causes (still johnny cochrane?) that it works out. for now though, i'll just think of myself as one step closer to that great american median mythos i hear so much about. next step: back problems.

my new sonic youth dvd came in the mail, so now i'll have something to lay on the floor and watch before i lay me down to sleep (at a reasonable hour, believe that?).

album du jour: ben kweller on my way

No comments: